Associate Field Trainer – Starting at $16/hr
This position is split between company restaurants and the corporate training team. When at the company restaurant this position reports to the Restaurant General Manager. When working with the training team, this position reports to the Director of Training and Restaurant Support.
Contributes to A&W® success by implementing company standards through coaching and training and providing engaging, prompt service to guests. Scope of work combines training both in-store for company team members, and in the field for managers and team members of Franchise Partners.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * Supports Restaurant General Manager (RGM) in ensuring the restaurant operates at the highest standards conducive to optimal training.
- Facilitates initial and ongoing training for team members of their home restaurant.
- Maintains records of training for home restaurant and ensures 100% completion of required coursework.
- Supports AWU Manager Business School by facilitating classroom content and conducting hands-on training.
- Reinforces Field Training team in New Restaurant Opening activities as well as brand refresher Boot Camps at franchise restaurants.
- Trains and coaches with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and brand standards of A&W Restaurants, Inc.
- Enforces compliance to A&W Restaurant’s standards and specifications, as well as all governmental regulations.
- Cultivates a positive and constructive business relationship with Franchise Partners and their teams.
- Acts as a brand ambassador at all times.
- Contributes to Restaurant Support Services team projects and initiatives
- Supports Field Training team in management of existing training resources, and creation new material in digital and traditional formats.
- When not performing direct training duties, works station shifts in home restaurant as scheduled by the Restaurant General Manager.
Competencies * Knowledge of, and proficiency in, supervisory practices and procedures
- Strong operational skills in a fast-paced food service environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop Managers
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation procedures, including ServSafe certification
- Organization, analytical, and planning skills
- Effectively communicate, orally and in writing
- Ability to gain the respect and trust of others at all levels of the company
- Effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent computer skills, including MSOffice and Excel
- Able to make rational decisions when challenged with obstacles
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility
Physical Demands * Able to lift up to 35 lbs. regularly.
- Able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 8 hours at a time.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are based on the opening of new restaurants, training of new restaurant managers, and conducting scheduled training workshops and boot camps.
The nature of this position may require the Associate Field Trainer to work up to 10 straight days and up to 12 hours per day, depending on the restaurant needs. * This position requires a flexible work schedule based on the training of new managers and the opening of new restaurants, where days and dates may change with little advance notice.
- When working in the home restaurant, schedule is based on hours of operation and restaurant needs.
This position must be able to travel anywhere in the USA, up to 50% of the year.
Required Education and Experience * Minimum one year of experience training in individual, group, and classroom settings
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and travel on short notice.
- Proven track record of building sales, increasing profits, Manager development, and operational improvement
Preferred Education and Experience * Three years progressively responsible experience in restaurant industry
- One year supervisory and/or training experience
Equal Opportunity Employment
It is the policy of A&W Restaurants, Inc. to offer equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer/Team Member relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, tobacco smoking status, or any other status protected by law. A&W Restaurants, Inc. acts in compliance with the requirements and intent of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations to protect the right to equal opportunity employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, projects, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, projects, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
A&W Restaurants Inc