Department HR Specialist
Arizona State University
- Tempe, AZ
$37,440-52,000 per year
Knowledge Enterprise HR
The Knowledge Enterprise Human Resources team is seeking Department HR Specialists. As a Department HR Specialist, you will work closely with managers to understand business and talent management needs and to identify, target, recruit and hire internally or externally to satisfy personnel/skill requirements (entry to senior level) in a high volume, complex operating environment. Additional functions include but are not limited to maintaining and retaining unit personnel files; assisting departments with employee changes; coordinating visa application and renewal process; human resource compliance and other functions designated by management.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
- Use office equipment including a desktop computer.
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Communicate to perform essential duties.
- Regular review of completed tasks.
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations and a commitment to sustainability, innovation and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market.
Flexible work options
- Alternative work schedules can include a nine-day, 80-hour schedule over two workweeks for exempt employees only; and staggered start and stop times.
- Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND two (2) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
KNOWLEDGE ENTERPRISE DEV
Scope of Search
- Academic HR experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PeopleSoft, SharePoint, and Kenexa/BrassRing.
- Experience with high volume recruiting.
- Experience with assisting with visa applications, including J-1 and H-1B visas.
- Experience using various applications (e.g. Word/Mail Merge, Adobe PDF, Excel/Formulas, etc.) and other tools to prepare letters, forms, and reports.
- Experience in maintaining strict confidentiality regarding sensitive/confidential information pertaining to payroll, employee issues, etc.
- Experience working effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities and short deadlines.
- Evidence of a passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Experience in work that requires organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of having attention to detail, great communication skills, forward-thinking and desire to achieve excellence.
24-November-2021 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every week thereafter until the positions are filled.
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
- Work with department hiring managers as guide through the recruitment process. Coordinate the lifecycle of recruitment, hiring and retention of research faculty, postdocs, academic professionals and university staff to include: Coordinate new employee onboarding, working with department supervisors to ensure new hire checklist functions have been fulfilled.
- Manage our SharePoint recruitment request process, BrassRing requisition process, screening candidates, and participating in applicant interviews.
- Coordinate employee involuntary termination and separation process, including participating in termination meetings and processing the appropriate paperwork.
- Maintain electronic personnel records in accordance University policy and in compliance with ISO 9001 standards.
- Develop effective and cost-efficient sourcing strategies for filling difficult or high profile recruitment efforts and provides consultation to hiring managers throughout the process from development of advertisement postings to making final job offers and assisting with on-boarding needs.
- Assist departments with employee change recommendations, including but not limited to: salary changes, promotions, FTE changes, and supervisor/department changes.
- Assist in coordinating academic professional and faculty visa application and renewal processes.
- Assist with faculty, academic professional, and graduate student renewals following academic and fiscal calendars.
- Assist in the coordination and processing of academic personnel hiring and promotion within the department.
- Provide backup to other team members as needed to ensure continual efficient operations of department to meet customer service needs.
- Work closely with department human resource (HR) team to assist with and coordinate departmental HR activities to ensure adherence with college and university policies, practices and regulations.
- Foster and maintains effective professional relationships with staff, faculty, and students.
- Establish relationships with University offices, OHR, and academic units.
- Perform clerical functions with personal computers and appropriate software for various human resources processes including form preparation, report preparation, and other related functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure continual efficient operations of department to meet customer service needs.
$37,440 – $52,000 per year, DOE
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Arizona State University
leave your comment