Diet Clerk- $15/hr, St. Anthony Hospital OKC
Location: US-OK-OKLAHOMA CITY
System ID: 777660
Category: Food Service
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: ST ANTHONY HOSPITAL
Unit Contact: 405-272-6667
SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital South, 2129 S.W. 59th St., Oklahoma City, OK 73119
- Accessible to public Transportation.
- 5:30a-2:00p, days & weekends vary
- Competitive wages, starting pay $15.00/hr
- $1.75 shift premium for weekend shifts
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee referral reward.
- Monthly reward and recognition.
- Attendance bonus.
- Uniform provided.
- Covered parking available.
- Discount on meals in café.
- Full benefit package
- Paid holidays.
- Chick-fil-a & Starbucks onsite
- If Hired, you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo no later than Feb 28, 2022, absent an approved medical or religious accommodation. You will be required to report your vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
- Final candidate must submit to a Criminal/Background check (where applicable).
- All new hires must provide documentation of a legal right to work in the USA as required by the Immigration and Naturalization Service within the first 3 days.
- Final candidate must submit to a Pre-employment Drug Screen (where applicable)
Join the SODEXO team at St. Anthony Hospital, Improving the Quality of Life of all those we serve.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).
The Dietetic Technician organizes the patient/resident’s menus to ensure accuracy of diet order, timeliness of meal service and smooth foodservice operations. Responsible for the production of meal tickets, nourishment labels and production tallies for resident/patient menus. Responds to interdepartmental telephone inquiries, maintains all office equipment and supply inventory for nutrition office. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Prepares dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in preparation of foods for hospital patients.
- Examines diet orders and menus received from hospital units and tallies portions and foods of general and soft diets.
- Tallies quantities of specific foods, such as vegetables and meats, to be prepared in kitchen.
- Marks tally on master menu to inform kitchen personnel of food requirements.
- Processes new diets and changes as required.
- Participates in tray line and food temperature monitoring as assigned.
- May calculate diabetic diets, using calculator, and following standards established by Clinical Nutrition Manager or Dietitian.
- Communicates patient needs to appropriate staff while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- May answer telephone and intercom calls and relay information to kitchen concerning meal changes, complaints or patient discharge.
- May prepare and deliver formula and special nourishments to unit pantries.
- May visit and provide assistance with menu selection to patients.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 1 year experience in hospital or extended care facility.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- May require a valid driver’s license
- Must be registry eligible for dietetic technician.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.