Distributor HR Manager
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As HR Manager you will be responsible for providing HR guidance and support and implementing human resource projects, programs, and initiatives to multiple field base business functions. Partners with HR Centers of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, Benefits, Compensation, etc.) to provide employee services.
What You Will Do:
- Drives alignment of people, HR processes and policies to support business OGSMs and initiatives and works closely with client group leadership with the support of the COEs to develop and implement HR solutions to ensure alignment to business strategy and successful business results
- Develops leadership capability and coaches’ employees, supervisors, and leaders on how to manage employee issues. This includes coaching and development discussions, change management, career pathing, advising and the assimilation of talent
- Aligns talent strategies by identifying short- and long-term staffing needs and assessing position requirements to proactively build a strong pipeline of key talent.
- Manages the Distributor talent acquisition process, including recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants.
- Participates and supports HR leadership in administering the Human Resources Planning/Functional Succession Planning (HRP) processes; ensures integration of HRP into performance management and staffing decisions for high potential employees and management
- Leads local employee training and leadership development courses.
- Provides formal instruction on how to complete self-assessments; coaches managers on how to complete performance assessments.
- Partners with the HR COEs in the application of existing human resources policies and objectives.
- Ensures understanding of corporate policies, collective bargaining agreements (when applicable), local, state, and federal regulations Works with the Compensation COE to ensure proper understanding and implementation of Gallo’s Compensation programs, including base pay and incentive programs
- Works with the business to evaluate, review and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to drive continuous improvement and best practice sharing
- Enhances productivity by leveraging knowledge of client group organizational structure.
- Ensures adherence of affirmative action plans; supports corporate diversity initiatives.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Participates in the training, development, coaching and mentoring of subordinate staff as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Master’s degree plus 3 years of human resources generalist or business partner experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of human resources generalist or business partner experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR 9 years of human resource generalist or business partner experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Ability to flex schedule to attend field base meetings.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of human resources generalist or business partnership experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with a field base workforce.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- Hands-on capabilities in Employee Relations, Staffing, Talent Management, Performance Management, and Regulatory Compliance.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations in the areas of employment and labor law.
- Experience supporting employees in a Union environment or working in a CBA environment.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel at an intermediate level.
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging business/HR knowledge and client relationships.
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and respond appropriately.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing throughout the different organizational levels
- Experience defining problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To view a full job description, please click .
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
E. & J. Gallo