HR Administrator, Weatogue CT
Founded in 1981, Vesta has grown to one of the top affordable housing property management companies in the country. Currently, we have over 9,500 apartment homes in 54 communities spanning 7 states and Washington DC. We continue to grow, with a goal of overseeing over 10,000 units by the end of the year.
As a result of our continued and rapid growth, we are excited to offer a new and exciting opportunity for an HR Administrator at our corporate office in Weatogue, CT!
The HR Administrator will manage various administrative responsibilities within the Human Resources department, including conducting bi-weekly payroll, managing personnel files and HR documents, updating internal databases, and assisting with benefits billing.
· Process weekly and biweekly payroll for 5 entities, and 250+ employees; both salaried and hourly. This includes providing payroll information to Property Accounting Team, Controller, and others on a regular basis, and submitting weekly and biweekly 401K match.
· Audit timecards of hourly employees, and work with Property Managers on any discrepancies.
· Work with Vesta’s payroll provider (Paylocity) on any service issues; in regards to time off accruals, tax issues, etc.
· Enter 401K loans, garnishments, levies, etc., in accordance with federal and state regulations.
· Answer employment verification requests.
· Provide assistance with benefits billing and other benefits-related duties as assigned.
· Assist with preparation, distribution, and collection of various HR documents.
· Organize and maintain personnel records and files in accordance with applicable labor laws.
· Enter and maintain employee data in internal databases.
· Track and maintain employee records related to COVID-19 policies and procedures with accuracy and timeliness.
· Participate in ad-hoc projects as assigned.
· Respond to and direct employee inquiries to the appropriate department.
This is a full-time position; typical work schedule is Monday through Friday between the hours of 830am-530pm.
Required Education and Experience
· At least one-year proven work experience in a related role, specifically processing payroll and assisting with benefits billing for both hourly and salaried employees within a similarly sized organization.
· Associates degree in related field or HR certification preferred.
· Experience with payroll software, such as Paylocity, or other similar application.
· Computer literacy, specifically in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required, experience with SharePoint and OneDrive preferred.
· Working knowledge of labor laws and practices.
· Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects.
· Strong phone, email and in-person communication skills with the ability to deliver exceptional customer service across all organizational levels.
· Ability to handle sensitive employee issues with confidentiality and discretion.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
leave your comment