HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
The business of Vaxxinova US is to discover, develop, manufacture and sell veterinary vaccines. Vaxxinova US is the US operating unit of the Vaxxinova Group, headquartered in the Netherlands. Vaxxinova currently has facilities in ten countries including the Netherlands, Thailand, Chile, and the USA. Vaxxinova is part of the family-owned EW Group, headquartered in Germany. The EW Group specializes in animal genetics, animal nutrition and animal health, operates in over 100 countries and records consistent international growth.
As a key member and the foundation of the Vaxxinova US HR Department this position will partner with senior leaders and their teams to strategically and operationally support the goals of the organization. This critical role will lead various HR functions including recruiting, performance reviews, talent development, change management, policy review/development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as single point of contact to functional management and operate as a trusted business partner by providing cross-functional HR advice, counsel and problem solutions.
- Champions change and helps position the company for success by cultivating leaders, effective communicators and empowered employees.
- Partners with management to develop a workforce and employment plan.
- Champions new ideas and initiatives that foster and support creativity, innovation, and risk taking within the organization.
- Takes the pulse of the organization; collects feedback formally and informally and addresses issues in a meaningful and constructive way.
- Engages the client frequently to foster the process of exchanging ideas and sharing knowledge.
- Identifies early on potential employee-relations issues and takes necessary action.
- Coordinates and/or conducts employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Recommends programs and/or approaches to attract qualified candidates and retain current employees.
- Administration of and communication regarding company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, five to eight years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds. This includes having the ability to influence management when appropriate.
- Understands the organizations value proposition and can articulate fundamentals of business and how the units tie together.
- Able to champion new ideas, manage change, and execute on action plans.
- Experience in all HR concentration areas such as benefits; compensation; workforce planning and employment; employee relations; occupational health, safety and security; strategic management; employee development; and training.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strategic thinker who can see long-term goals and balance against short and intermediate term needs.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and company-wide business correspondence.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
The position is located in an office environment and involves extensive periods of sitting and use of hands; occasional walking, climbing of stairs, light lifting and standing. The position also requires frequent speaking and listening. Occasional travel between Minnesota locations may be required.