HR Business Partner (HRBP) / HR Manager (HRM)
Are you looking for a role where you are a key player in the success of the operation? Where you can make a direct impact on creating an engaging and safe workplace for all employees? Come join our team and use your HR knowledge to help us recruit, engage and retain a stable and qualified workforce!
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, as well as medium low voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity for voice, video, and data transmission for the telecommunication sector.
We are almost 29,000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is helping transform the world around us.
Team Overview and Job Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Human Resource Business Partner, the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our Claremont Fiber plant. This role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This position will be responsible for managing and overseeing all HR related activities at the facility and providing HR guidance to Operations leadership at the plant. The HRBP guides effective and efficient implementation of HR best practices including employee relations, regulatory compliance, performance management, talent management, staffing, succession planning, communications, policies, payroll, compensation, and benefit administration. The HRBP partners with plant leadership to deliver a high-performance culture, promoting ownership, goal attainment, associate leadership and continuous learning and improvement at all levels of the facility.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and performing of the Recruiting/Placement activities for assigned functional areas including developing/coordinating interview schedules, staffing advertisement development/placement, discussions/coordination with Employment Agencies and other related actions to attract qualified applicants at all employee levels.
- Monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement with a true hands-on approach.
- Partners with the Plant Manager and local management staff to develop and implement programs, processes, or actions to drive employee engagement and retention.
- Facilitate, inspire, lead and work with the leadership team to develop, support and evaluate programs, processes and policies that ensure our Behavior & Values is embraced and lived by all associates.
- Partner and ensure the organizational structure support the strategic objectives of the business and facility.
- Track and report on HR metrics as required.
- Responsible for delivering facility communications strategy that includes formal meetings, informal small group meetings, focus groups, 1X1s, surveys, and related activities that drive engagement activities, throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate change leadership by understanding the desired outcomes, effectively involving, managing, and communicating with those impacted by change and mitigating the barriers to change.
- Define and build the organization’s capabilities by identifying the talent needs of the business and assist managers with development of the next generation leaders while challenging and elevating performance of solid associates within the organization. Determine best practices to support organizational direction.
- Responsible for monitoring appropriate wage/salary administration elements throughout assigned functions to ensure the attraction, retention, and motivation of qualified employees and to ensure compliance with relevant Prysmian policies.
- Serve as a credible and trustworthy advocate representing the needs of all facility employees and ensure/measure alignment around business results.
- Formally assess employee engagement and culture, and design strategy to close gaps to the desired state.
- Innovate and integrate HR practices around critical business needs, minimizing disruption to the manufacturing environment.
- Ensure application of corporate and local human resource procedures, practices, and initiatives in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the facilitation of the selection/hiring/orientation/onboarding process.
- Manage plant leave of absence process, including FMLA, STD, LTD and personal leave.
- Drive and be responsible for the yearly Labor cost planning and monthly follow up for the plant in cooperation with the global Business Unit and regional functions.
- Be the local reference person for plant senior workforce compensation and international mobility
Who are we looking for?
- Stellar internal and external customer service focus.
- Ability to create and drive an effective and positive employee relations, retention, and reward program.
- Results and metrics driven with the ability to work in a high performance-manufacturing environment.
- Able to understand organizational strategy while advancing operational goals. This includes having a good understanding of business principles and practices and the ability to apply them.
- Ability to lead complex change and transformation efforts and manage multiple, complex tasks with attention to detail. This includes excellent ability to motivate and communicate with diplomacy to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Trusted advisor with an ability to coach, mentor and guide all associates.
- Ability to create human resource solutions with bottom line results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, principles, and practices related to employee conduct, performance, and dispute resolution to protect the business from potential liabilities.
- Experience with planning and executing the administrative side of HR and data management software.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills.
- BS/BA degree in Human Resource Management or related field. PHR or SPHR preferred.
- 4+ years Human Resource business partner experience.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, with a proven track record of leading and managing teams.
- Proven success in talent management and building competencies/ capabilities at all levels of the facility.
- Working knowledge of federal laws including employment and labor laws and success with developing core HR policies.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at .