Get Your Career On Track
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak, with ten production facilities across Canada, US and Mexico, is North America’s leading designer and manufacturer of special trackwork for the railway industry. As the industry’s technology leader, we take pride in providing superior products, excellent customer service and unbeatable engineering design services to our customers. We are committed to bringing innovative solutions, products and services to our customers across rail freight and transit segments.
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak (“Nortrak”) is a subsidiary of voestalpine AG ( ) one of Europe’s premier steel producers with over 50,000 employees worldwide. Nortrak is closely affiliated with voestalpine’s Railway Systems group which operates in 21 countries across the globe to provide cutting edge system-based solutions to railroads and transits. Our website is https://www.voestalpine.com/nortrak/en/
Safety is our #1 commitment to our employees and quality is our #1 commitment to our customers.
At Nortrak, we strive for excellence. Exceeding customer expectations is one of our core values. Our reputation is based on our successful track record. We work as a team to proactively solve problems, rigorously comply with standards, continuously improve our products and technical competencies, consistently do what we say we do, and encourage open dialogue with customers.
We are proud to recognize and celebrate the safety achievements of our teams across the company and work hard to ensure safety remains a strong part of our culture. We focus on taking care of each other and ensuring our colleagues go home safe and healthy every single day.
We value an open, encouraging, family oriented environment that supports learning, career growth and development.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to perform administrative functions, coordinate and support all HR activities associated with the employee lifecycle (recruitment, onboarding, training management and offboarding). This position will also be responsible for coordinating all aspects of our safety program.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports safety initiatives and maintains all safety records.
- Maintains accurate and complete safety and HR records pursuant to specified guidelines.
- Maintains HR data in HRIS system for all employees accurately and efficiently.
- Consistently meets scheduled commitments regarding payroll, benefits, attendance program, progressive discipline and required data entry.
- Ensures accurate and timely compliance with all regulations. (e.g. HIPAA, FMLA, OSHA, and all applicable employment law).
- Exercises good judgement with regard to cost control for all purchasing decisions assigned.
- Liaises with vendor and employees regarding disability claims administration.
- Support employee relations through administration of benefits; and planning and coordinating Company/employee events.
- Answer employee questions related to policies and benefits.
- Assists with training, employee relations and safety including scheduling or training, special events and record keeping.
- Adhere to Nortrak’s Environmental Procedures, Practices and Policies.
Recruitment & Selection
- Assist with all aspects the recruitment and selection process for hourly employees.
Onboarding and Training & Development Management
- Support the onboarding process for all new employees to ensure the minimum standard tools are effectively utilized by managers/supervisors to achieve a successful onboarding process for new employees.
Termination and Offboarding
- Coordinate the exit interview process in compliance with HR minimum standards.
Process terminations according to termination, benefit and IT checklists.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant HR experience.
- An Associate’s degree in Human Resources or other related fields is preferred.
- Experience in administering and communicating benefit programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with ADP HRIS and Krono’s software is preferred.
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak employees enjoy a generous benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance, retirement plan with a generous matching contribution, Employee Assistance Program, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, wellness programs , and competitive vacation benefits.
voestalpine Railway Systems Nortrak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, and any other federal, state, or locally protected classifications.
VOESTALPINE RAILWAY SYSTEMS NORTRAK INC