Northern Star Pogo LLC
Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is among the top 10 gold producers globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Pogo operation for an experienced and motivated HR Generalist on a rotating work schedule at a remote campsite.
WHAT WE OFFER
- full-time position
- Fast-paced environment
- Excellent remuneration package
The Human Resources Generalist reports to the Human Resources Manager, and the primary role is to actively support the operation of the business by providing effective and professional HR services and advice to employees and management. Human Resources activities to be performed include training, benefits administration, compensation, recruitment, employee relations, and HRIS administration within the Human Resources Department.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You’ll be a highly self-motivated individual who will display behavior consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or other related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five to eight years relevant work experience in professional level HR generalist role, encompassing several areas of HR expertise.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Pass a post-offer physical and drug test, as well as a background check.
Desired Experience & Competencies
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- Advanced critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Expert level written, verbal, and communication skills to perform necessary duties and participate in electronic message transmission policies of the company.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Windows environment with significant experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of complex Human Resource information systems and software: ADP, SharePoint, Pronto, Enboarder and INX experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of all applicable HR laws, rules, and regulations, e.g. COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, ADA and FLSA.
- Working knowledge of payroll, HRIS systems, benefits administration, recruitment, employee relations and compensation as well as the auditing process.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Awareness of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA).
- Ability to:
- Create and present information in training sessions clearly and confidently.
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision, organize and prioritize tasks.
- Work in a team environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Assume increasing levels of responsibility.
- Research and interpret complex rules and regulations.
- Analyze situations and to make sound recommendations to management in area of expertise, appropriately work with confidential information.
- Solve complex problems and create innovative or new solutions to problems when necessary.
- Interpret and respond to requests for information.
- Write reports and correspondence and create and maintain files and databases.
- Be a self-starter, to see and initiate work that needs to be done without being prompted by others.
A Covid Vaccine is required as a condition of employment for all employees hired on or after July 12, 2021.
- Either one round of Pfizer or Moderna, or the J&J COVID-19 Vaccine is required prior to beginning work for Northern Star (Pogo) LLC. If Pfizer or Moderna, the second vaccine shot will then be needed as scheduled to complete the requirement.
- Requests for exceptions to this requirement, for reasons such as a candidate’s religious beliefs or disability status, will be considered on a case by case basis and determined by the general manager.
JOINING NORTHERN STAR’S TEAM
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognize the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.