At Simpay, our goal is to make the life of business owners simpler. We achieve this by providing our customers with solutions that save them time and money. Our products and services, backed by in-house support, include card processing, point-of-sale systems, payroll, and sales-building tools. We are excited to expand our growing team.
Simpay is seeking an HR Generalist to assist in a wide range of tasks including, recruitment and onboarding of new talent, training, compliance, and other special projects to help our HR department grow. The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of HR best practices at the small business level and excellent communication skills.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Implements new hire orientation and supports new hires become acclimated to Simpay’s policies, procedures, and culture.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Acts as an ambassador for Simpay’s culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience in Human Resources as an HR Generalist or in a similar role
- BS/BA in Business administration or relevant field
- SHRM or PHR certification, preferred
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (will be a plus)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach
Preferred Skills & Competencies
- Detail-oriented and precise
- Manages own time well
- Manages employee concerns with care and diligence
- Ability to interpret and communicate compliance information at the federal, state, and local level
- Technical Capacity: Working with MS Office and HR systems
- Effective communication
- Winning Culture (Top Workplaces 2020)
- Excellent low or no deductible benefits package (1st of the month following 30 days)
- Great PTO program
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Match
- Company provided disability and life insurance programs
- Casual dress and modern office environment
- Company-sponsored shelter pet adoptions
- Convenient location to Route 1, the PA Turnpike and public transportation
Simpay is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Simpay does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Employment with Simpay is “at-will.” This means that if hired, you or the Company may terminate your employment at any time with or without notice or cause.