We Make Life More Rewarding and Dignified
Location: Stuarts Draft
Title: Human Resources Generalist
Hierarchical Level: Professional
Reports to: HR Manager
Number of Direct Reports: None
Travel: Less than 10%
A strategic and hands-on role that provides full Human Resources support to designated business units. Responsible for the design, planning, and implementation of HR programs, policies and procedures compatible with Hollister’s Mission, Vision and People Strategy. Responsible for providing outstanding internal customer support, driving HR functional excellence, and overall process improvements.
- Align the business unit as a central point of reference for Human Resource needs, policy guidance and interpretation (staffing, associate relations, SBP, benefits, HR Team Leader meetings, etc.).
- Drive the recruitment process to effectively meet staffing needs for all non-exempt and temporary associates by partnering with hiring departments in all areas of talent acquisition.
- Facilitate orientations and monitor for onboarding success.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures and overall workforce planning.
- Collect and provide data needed for Affirmative Action Plan reporting.
- Facilitate all separation activities to include exit interviews, unemployment claims, all benefits transfer/closure.
- Participate in team meetings and facilitate communication updates within the respective business units.
- Advise and counsel leaders and associates to improve working relationships and build morale in order to positively impact productivity and retention.
- Resource for benefits administration inquiries.
- Lead and/or participate on HR project teams responsible for timely development, approval and launch of new and existing programs (i.e. succession development, organizational surveys, and HPM)
- Manage and resolve complex associate relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain a network of external contacts appropriate to support Hollister business needs or to obtain information needed to achieve business plans (i.e. general wage survey)
- In-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of associates, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- SuccessFactors Super User with ability to update and query needed information in report formats.
- Responsible for achieving competency in all identified skill requirements outlined in associated training profile for position.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Role**:
- Prolonged sitting
- Frequent telephone conference calls
- Lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Mobility throughout facility – brisk walking and/or standing on concrete floors
Work Experience Requirements:
- Number of Overall Years Necessary: 5-8
- Human Resources Office experience, working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working in a team based environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- SPHR/PHR/SHRM-CP preferred
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
- Knowledge of federal and state laws
- SuccessFactors or other HRIS software experience a plus
- Benefits Administration
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.
Hollister Incorporated is an independent, employee-owned company that develops,manufactures, and markets healthcare products worldwide. The company develops and manufactures products for ostomy care, continence care and critical care, and also develops educational support materials for patients and healthcare professionals. Headquartered in Libertyville, Illinois, it has manufacturing and distribution centers on three continents and sells in nearly 80 countries. Hollister is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Firm of John Dickinson Schneider Inc (JDS Inc), a 100 year old company. Hollister is guided by the shared Mission of JDS Inc, to make life more rewarding and dignified for people who use its products and services.
Hollister is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Job Req ID: 29670