Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
At XPO Logistics, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We’re always on the lookout for leaders who will provide guidance and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Generalist, Human Resources, you will communicate workplace goals and deliver appropriate action plans for implementation. We’ll count on your skills and experience to be a champion of our company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and XPO.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide employee relations guidance to employees and management within scope of position; identify and actively respond with sensitivity to the needs of employees and business unit leaders
- Oversee the day-to-day support of Human Resources (HR) transactions in collaboration with a shared services team
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations; assess, communicate, interpret and administer updated HR policies and procedures to assigned area
- Deliver benefits information to employees based on company handbook/policies and procedures; ensure fair, equitable and consistent application of all company policies and procedures
- Assist with investigating a variety of employee-related issues, incidents and complaints; resolve disputes and recommend appropriate/remedial actions
- Support HR Recruiting team and hiring managers by interviewing, presenting offers, facilitating candidate logistics, scheduling onboarding and administering the training/orientation process
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs or information regarding HR policies, procedures or information
- Support a values-driven environment through consultation and service regarding employee engagement activities
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of experience as a HR generalist or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with basic business and customer service principles, including planning and organizing, resource management and leadership skills
- Experience with FMLA, LOA and other state and federal employment laws
- Experience supporting employee relations and strategic HR initiatives; handling sensitive, complex and confidential information
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of payroll software, HRIS programs and Microsoft Office
- A valid driver’s license
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend work; travel 25-50% of the time
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- PHR/SHRM certification
- Experience building strong partnerships with leadership
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed. Review XPO’s candidate privacy statement
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Accommodation email must include:
- Your name
- Job title with location (city/province) and requisition ID
- A clear description of the disability accommodation that you are seeking