Since 2006, Navien, Inc. has become one of the fastest growing companies in the home comfort sector in North America and has established itself as the leader in condensing technology, providing condensing tankless water heaters, combi-boilers, and wall-hung boilers. In 2018, Navien moved beyond the condensing market with the introduction of the NPN series non-condensing tankless water heater.
We are seeking an Experienced HR leader who is looking for a ground floor opportunity to grow our Toano Team!
This position is responsible for a wide variety of human resources activities including employee relations, recruiting, performance management, safety, and HR operations. The individual will advise managers and supervisors in all HR practices, provide information to employees about regulations and policies, and to provide general full employee life cycle support. The individual will perform a wide variety of both complex and routine professional and administrative services. Maintain confidentially and abide by local, state and federal ordinances/regulations. This role is a HR site position located in Toano, Virginia.
Recruitment and Talent Acquisition
- Maintains community sourcing partnerships and networks, such as Chambers. Develop a creative recruiting plan over multiple mediums.
- Coordinates local recruiting efforts including sourcing, tracking resumes, screening resumes, manager intake meeting, preliminary candidate screening, and scheduling interviews with appropriate managers
- Prepares appropriate response letters and offers of employment via the ATS. Maintains strong communication with managers and applicants during the recruitment process and, informing HR and IT of accepted offers and hire dates. Coordinates timely background and drug screening.
- Provides recruiting statistics as requested by Head of HR, generate reports from ATS may include: duration of recruiting process, costs, number of resumes received, source of resumes, hiring source and number of candidates interviewed
- Participates in local or virtual job fairs for VA talent, and coordinates on-site recruitment events
- Become the Talent Acquisition subject matter expert from posting to offer on VA openings.
- Coordinates with Sr. HR Generalist on promoted LinkedIn postings in order to effectively utilize Navien’s job slots intended to reach passive candidates
- Partners with VA management on Onboarding paperwork
- Timely and accurately record Toano job posting information on the weekly recruitment report
- Manage contingent workforce for all warehouse associates, both VA and Irvine. Update temp agencies documents annually, such as Certificates of Insurance.
- Develop interview guides with competencies for warehouse associate and logistics positions
New Hire Orientation – Site Employees
- Timely management of I9 process for VA recruits
- Conducts new hire orientation for site employees and coordinates information with Corporate Human Resources. Send all new hire paperwork to Corporate Human Resources within two days of hiring
- Act as back-up for new hire orientation presenter as assigned by Head of HR.
Employee Relations, Engagement and Retention
- Respond to employee or site manager/supervisor requests for information and interpretation of all HR areas—i.e. performance, compensation, policies/procedures. Partner with and/or back-up other HR Generalists on basic inquiries regarding wages, job duties, working conditions, benefits, and leaves of absence etc. .
- Complete site unemployment and SDI claims
- Manage investigations on any site incidences, prepare written documentation with recommendations to HR Manager.
- Work in conjunction with HR initiatives, communicate to site managers and/or staff about impact
- May oversee site events, such as end of year party
- As requested, oversee focus groups or conduct pulse survey
- In conjunction with Head of HR and Site HR, create site wellness and/or recognition challenges or events
Talent and Performance Management
- Respond to manager’s requests for assistance related to performance issues, employee counseling, disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans
- Participate in employee performance discussions with managers and employees
- Manage 90-day progress performance reviews for Toano associates.
- Partner with managers to finalize job descriptions for assigned positions, including competencies
- Co-manage Mid-Year and year end Performance Review process for site
- Remains abreast of all pertinent federal, state and local employment and benefits laws, which may include attending off site legal briefing and/or HR trade organization breakfast or luncheon meetings
- Monitor wage and hour practices within the site
- Coordinates site employee separation with Corporate Human Resources.
- In the absence of NJ Sr. HR Generalist, act as backup to any sensitive termination New Jersey which may include being present in NJ
- Conducts site exit meetings on all employee separations.
- Ensures that completed termination paperwork and termination checklist is delivered to Corporate HR within two days of termination date
Health and Safety
- Works with management and/or Risk Analyst on monthly safety training meeting with Toano staff members
- Maintains a record of workplace shoe receipts and shoe replacement calendar
- Compile a Workers’ Compensation package with all necessary documents in case of injury or illness
- Develop a relationship with an approve workers’ compensation clinic
- Mentor less experienced individuals within the HR Department
- As requested cross-train in various HR disciplines
- Act as back-up for other team members as needed
- References and follows company polices when responding to employee, managers inquires
- Acts as a guardian of all personnel information, maintains confidentiality
- Actively engages in HR projects as assigned by Head of HR, collaborating with HR team as appropriate
- Will be the site contact for any COVID related protocols, processes
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Admin, or progressive relevant work experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior Employee Relations background, including handling complex situations.
- Minimum 5 years of HR Generalist background coupled with non-exempt recruiting, compensation, employee relations experience in a small to medium sized company
- HR experience in distribution, warehouse or manufacturing preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP desired
- Strong computer skills including advanced excel skills, along with demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Independent worker
- Data Guardian
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join a growing company! Navien Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.