Posting ID: 22434
Position Type: Regular
City: Conway, SC, United States
Location: Conway Plant (SC01)
Who We Are:
Canfor – a leading integrated forest products company and one of the world’s largest producers of sustainable lumber, pulp and paper – is a recognized employer of choice and an exciting place to grow your career.
We have an established presence in the southern US and in Western Canada, as well as sales offices around the world, and are proud of our committed team of over 6,500 employees.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Human Resource Manager, will directly support the employees and leadership of the sawmill by adding significant value to the business through broad spectrum HR leadership, knowledge and demonstration of a high level of functional expertise and business acumen. This position will focus on labor relations, employee development, succession planning and executing strategic HR initiatives.
- A strong business acumen combined with the ability to apply practical and effective HR solutions to business challenges is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of field HR generalist experience preferably in a plant manufacturing setting; or, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Society for Human Resource Management certification and active membership would be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of SAP, ADP, Oracle, Kronos and/or similar enterprise wide human capital systems.
- Experience in HR metrics and measurements and advanced analytics.
- Solid knowledge of applicable employment legislation and regulations.
- Critical personal characteristics and skills include excellent judgment, professionalism, passion and courage.
- Strong presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills including advocacy, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Maintains excellent relationships with both direct business partners and peripheral departments that interact with direct support groups.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
As we continue to expand our company and our markets, now is the ideal time to grow your career with Canfor. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Join Canfor for the stability, exciting career opportunities and growth potential while working for a recognized industry leader.
Follow us on , , and for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Conway, South Carolina
Conway is one of the oldest towns in South Carolina and has numerous buildings and structures that are on the National Register of Historic Places. Conway is a great place for people who love the outdoors. This city offers many bike trails, paddle trails, and parks that are suitable for everyone’s taste! For more information, visit