HR Recruiting Specialist
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 52,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
The HR Recruiting Specialist supports managers and employees at the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Complex in HR-related areas. This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Complex General Manager with dotted line reporting to the Human Resource Manager. The DFW Complex is engaged in the production of high-quality packaging products and employs approximately 400 full-time salaried and hourly non-union/union employees.
- Coordinates selection processes for hourly and salaried positions including posting with and outreach to the TX Workforce Commission and other organizations; communication with authorized staffing agencies; sourcing, screening, and corresponding with applicants; conducting pre-employment assessments and reference checks; maintenance of all recruiting files. Coordinates orientation and onboarding activities for new hires.
- Maintains the Affirmative Action Planning system, including maintaining annual logs for internal job postings, hires, terminations, separations, and promotions; completion of the annual AAP. Ensure the facility maintains full compliance with all aspects required of a federal contractor.
- Makes presentations to employees and contractors regarding policies and work rules that apply to all individuals who work at our location.
- Maintains the accuracy and security of all HR-related files in accordance with the records retention policy including employee personnel files, medical files, and I-9’s.
- Maintains logs for disciplinary action, training, vacation, etc. Maintains the accuracy of shared files and databases.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of human resource-related forms; researches and furnishes employee information to authorized persons as appropriate; and handles human resource-related questions.
- Thorough knowledge of local pay practices, pay levels, job groups, and manages the interface with SAP and the plant hourly payroll system. Ensures hourly employees are coded accurately by job classification, jobs performed, shift, and department assignment.
- Completes hourly attendance tracking on a daily basis, initiates disciplinary action when needed, communicates issues, and prepares attendance reports.
- Working knowledge of all benefits for hourly and salaried employees. Assists with open enrollment meetings. Supports processes related to FMLA, disabilities, and return to work.
- Backfill and support DFW HR Specialist function when need arises.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years’ administrative human resources experience. College degree in Human Resources or related field highly desirable; PHR certification strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- A high level of diplomacy, tact, and judgment as well as an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Ability to surface issues and handle sensitive and confidential information in an efficient and professional manner.
- Superior organizational skills with a high quality of accuracy and attention to detail in both written and verbal communications.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly, work and be flexible with deadlines, solve problems effectively, and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to be proactive and self-directed while working professionally in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Experience with SAP strongly desired. Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Demonstrated ability to learn new software programs or databases quickly.
- Prior work experience in non-union/union, multi-shift manufacturing environment preferred.
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.