HR Shared Services Assistant II
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory has an opening for an HR Shared Services Assistant to join the Human Resources Division. This position is responsible for providing customer service based Human Resources operations support to HR Shared Services programs, activities, and processes, including Recruiting & Hiring, New Hire Onboarding, Affiliate Program, Terminations, Appointment Extensions and GSRA Process.
What You Will Do:
- Effectively utilize a variety of documented procedures and technology tools to manage and coordinate the administrative processing and execution of assigned time-sensitive HR process activities and transactions.
- Audit and maintain data entry for all transactions ensuring the highest level of data quality, integrity and accuracy.
- Serve as point of contact to candidates, employees, affiliates, hiring managers, HR Field and HR Core staff, and external parties to provide information regarding HR Shared Services processes, procedures, and service offerings.
- Serve as first-line customer facing Point of Contact for a variety of centralized and standardized customer services. Answer incoming phone calls and emails and aim for the highest level of customer satisfaction through “first call/contact resolution”. Use discretion to escalate as needed.
- Prepare and maintain documentation, files, and materials in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to the HR Shared Services team as appropriate with a variety of administrative tasks and assignments (e.g. schedule, plan, and coordinate team meetings, activities, and events; order office supplies; facilities work requests; maintain office equipment).
- Compose routine correspondence and spreadsheets/reports as needed.
- Effectively execute all duties while balancing the needs of the customer as well as programmatic requirements. Interact with and greet customers in a proactive, friendly, professional, and service based manner.
- Collaborate with HR Shared Services colleagues and partner with stakeholder groups/functions for the effective delivery of customer services (e.g., Site Access/Badge Office, Payroll, Benefits, HRIS, Foreign Visits and Assignments).
What Is Required:
- Minimum of 1 year experience providing a broad range of customer-focused administrative services.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and interact with customers in a proactive, friendly, professional, and respectful manner at all times. Proven ability to interact patiently and diplomatically with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds and to effectively communicate with individuals who may have varied levels of English language proficiency.
- Ability to document, modify, and maintain detailed and accurate procedures for tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills with focus on high customer satisfaction through first call, ticketing or email resolution, response and escalation protocols, professionalism, service quality and integrity.
- Ability to provide technical support, instruction, and guidance on a variety of administrative procedures to a broad range of audiences.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to produce high-quality work (documents, reports, correspondence) that is concise, logical and grammatically correct. Experience reviewing the work of self to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Ability to use excellent judgment and exercise discretion in carrying out duties related to confidential matters.
- Self-motivated, flexible and ability to work with minimal limited direction on assigned tasks and assignments. Ability to effectively manage own workload.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to establish effective task tracking systems.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated experience in working as an active team member; experience interacting with employees and managers as well as external parties, serving as primary contact point regarding major customer service functions.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to comprehend and interpret administrative requirements.
- Ability to work with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated experience in performing duties within a highly detail-oriented position, with ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities and projects.
- Computer skills and experience using a variety of technology tools and applications (e.g., HR Information System, Applicant Tracking System, case management system, Google Docs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, electronic mail and calendar systems, and ability to do research online).
- Ability to work core business hours and occasional overtime as needed.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment within a centralized or shared services model and serving as a primary point of contact
- Knowledge and understanding of Laboratory policies and procedures pertaining to employment activities.
- Knowledge of Smartsheets, PeopleSoft, and/or Taleo.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations (I-9 Employment Eligibility, visa processing regulations and requirements).
- For full consideration, please apply by November 12, 2021.
- This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
- Salary will be determined based on range by collective bargaining agreement, which is an hourly rate of $28.08 to $29.91.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at: Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
- This position will be remote initially, but limited to individuals residing in the United States tentatively until 2021 due to COVID-19. Once the Bay Area shelter-in-place restrictions are lifted, work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Based on University of California Policy – SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program, Berkeley Lab strongly recommends that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of Physical Presence at a Berkeley Lab Location, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof of Full Vaccination or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral.
Berkeley Lab is committed to and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links:
Know your rights, click for the supplement: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the under 41 CFR 60-1.4.
leave your comment