In Home CNA (Starting at $15.00/hr and up)
Department: Senior TLC In-Home
Location: In Clinic and In Home
Reports To: Clinical Services Director & Home Care Agency Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Summary of Position
Performs patient care and activities in the Adult Day Health Center and/or In Home as directed. Reports to the Clinical Services Director/Adult Day Health Coordinator when in center. Reports to Senior TLC Home Care Agency Supervisor when providing in-home services.
Education: High School Diploma or GED;
Experience: 1-2 years working as a CNA, with at least 1 years’ experience working with the frail elderly population. Able to prepare simple meals, perform personal care and housekeeping tasks.
Certification(s)/Licensure: Currently listed as CNA (I or II) with NC Nurse Aide Registry and are subject to occupational licensing laws. They must have no substantiated findings of neglect, abuse, or misappropriation of resident’s property in a nursing home. Valid driving license with personal vehicle insurance required. A dependable means of transportation is mandatory. Must meet competency-testing requirements consistent with the appropriate occupational licensure laws and regulations.
Special Training: Good driving record; able to communicate effectively both verbally and written form; able to lift and turn participants; knowledge of and care of adults with chronic health conditions. Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Senior Total Life Care, Inc. and approved by CMS before working independently.
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact
Key Responsibilities * ADHC/In Home assists with tasks on a plan of care for Participants in the center and/or in the home that have been taught by the appropriate professional personnel.
- ADHC/In Home-Provides personal care to participants at Senior TLC or In Home: (bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting, transfers, lifting, ambulation and incontinent care according to the participants plan of care
- In ADHC/In Home -Serves meals according to participant’s specific diets.
- In Home-prepare simple meals according to the participants specific diet. Performs incidental household services that are essential to the participants care at home and according to their plan of care. Service include but are not exclusive to meal prep, housekeeping, laundry, grocery & errand in addition to personal care.
- In ADHC/In Home-Assist with activities in large and small group settings.
- ADHC/In Home-Assist on outings/field trips, appointments as needed
- ADHC/In Home-Obtain vital signs and weights per plan of care and as ordered by the physician.
- ADHC-Change oxygen tanks upon the participant’s arrival to the center, document change in logbook, and monitor oxygen tank levels throughout the day.
- In Home- able, to change out oxygen and replace oxygen tubing as needed.
- ADHC/In Home- Responsible to report any changes in medical or physical status to Triage
- ADHC/In Home-Performs procedures and treatments as appropriate per certification and per the participants plan of care, under the supervision of the Center nurse or Agency Supervisor
- In Home- assists participant with self-administration of medications, which are ordered by their provider and according to their plan of care.
- ADHC/In Home-Attends staff meetings, complies with competencies per STLC policies
- ADHC/In Home -Documents services provided and observations on appropriate forms.
- On call rotation for home care for weekdays and weekends.
Kintegra Health Core Requirements
1. Patient First – An approach to care that holds primary, the well-being and desires of the patient
2. Build not Blame – Focusing first on finding fault with the process rather than the person
3. Integrity and Honesty – Fostering an acceptance of openness, honesty, and fairness in words, deeds and the use of organizational resources judiciously for both internal and external customers
4. Cooperation and Flexibility – Related to an internal believe that we function as part of an interdependent team with only shared gains or losses thereby committed to assisting whenever possible beyond the prerequisite job description
5. Culturally Sensitive – Always working toward increasing one’s ability to understand, communicate with, effectively interact and care for people across cultures, while having an acute awareness of one’s own culture.
Kintegra Health has implemented Covid-19 protocols for our current employees and new hires. We are committed to improving our society. For further information please reach out to Human Resources at .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.