IN UNIT – SENIOR HR MANAGER – University of Chicago, IL
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Come join Chartwells at the prestigious University of Chicago! Rated as one of the top 10 global universities, we are looking for motivated, people driven individuals who are trailblazers in their career. This role will provide HR support to over 400 employees including 37 salaried managers at a large university account. This role is a people driven Ambassador of Engagement and Culture with expertise in conflict resolution, Collective Bargaining Agreements, and employee engagement.
The In-Unit Senior Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing human resource services that enhance Chartwells culture, vision, and values. Results are achieved through professional and practical communication, management and leadership skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee all on-site Human Resources functions and effectively interacts with Home Office Human Resources department
- Support the development and administration of effective team member retention and recruiting programs, while monitoring effectiveness and trends in attrition
- Use performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team
- Promote a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Effectively communicate the Chartwells culture to current and potential employees
- Interview, hire, train and develop team members according to Chartwells guidelines
- Mentor department managers to develop their skills and leadership abilities
- Ensure all Company HR related policies are applied consistently
- Provide leadership and guidance for union employees including CBA expertise
- Oversee updates to location management and team member training programs and supports location management in accomplishing standards
- Foster strong relationships with operations by making accessibility and responsiveness a priority
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws
- Serve as a resource for managers on employee relations
- Ensure all hourly positions are filled according to operational needs
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with a Union and managing a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) highly preferred
- PHR or SPHR designation strongly preferred
- Five plus years human resources generalist experience required; management experience a plus
- HR experience at a large, multi-unit organization required
- Content-knowledge regarding employment law, policies, procedures, and programs
- Experience in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Strong presentation skills required
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 937194