Regional HR Manager
KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.
Job ID 2021-7919
# of Openings 1
Job Location US-TX-Houston
Posted Date 2021-09-03
Division KIK Corporate
We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools, and cars. We are one of North America’s largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span® and Comet® cleaning products, Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard®, and Natural Chemistry® pool chemicals, and Prestone® and Holts® automotive performance chemicals. We are also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand (“private label”) bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution, and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of “One KIK” values – a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics, or integrity.
We are searching for a strategic hands-on Regional HR Manager to lead HR objectives for our KIK-Houston, Texas and Denver, Colorado plants. The position is based in Houston with periodic travel to Denver. You must be dynamic, have a strong sense of urgency, and talent in guiding supervisors and employees through change and ongoing improvements. You will spend time out on the floor with employees and perpetuate an environment of high-quality employee relations of a 100+ employee population.
Ideally, your skill set will include a well-rounded HR Business Partner background in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, supporting Plant Management with performance management, training, discipline, statutory compliance and maintaining positive working relationships. A strong understanding of HR practices is required to ensure competitive HR practices and counsel is provided within an appropriate cultural framework while meeting compliance standards and enabling an environment of open dialogue.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the HR function at the Houston and Denver manufacturing sites
- Manage employee relations and other employee programs, policies, and procedures
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to all management and supervisory staff on interpretation and administration of personnel policies and programs
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all relevant human resources related legislation
- Manage salary administration, disciplinary processes, and investigations
- Manage full cycle recruitment, training, and performance management program
- Design training programs directly with the manufacturing plants to ensure sustained and effective programs exist
- Initiate HR projects related to plant needs
- Guide regional site leadership using developed communication and facilitation skills and a broad working knowledge of key HR functional areas to include organization development and design, compensation fundamentals, talent management, compliance matters, and employment law
- Serve as a valued partner and trusted advisor while providing both strategic and HR Business Partner to respective internal client groups
- Engage in knowledge transfer and coaching to assist client groups in acquiring skills and knowledge for effectively handling and resolving employee issues and change management
- Deliver coaching, guidance and support relevant to the needs of client groups in areas such as: talent management, leadership skills, and employee engagement
- Participate in the design, development, and launch of various corporate strategic HR initiatives, annual objectives, etc.
- Provide consultation on issues related to legal and procedural compliance, employee relations, strategies, and performance management
- A degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of experience and education may also be considered; Professional Certification a plus
- Minimum 5+ years of Human Resources level experience – supporting background experience in a manufacturing environment
- Career progression shows broad HR Business Partner knowledge and application in fundamental HR functions
- Extensive experience in Human Resources and a sound knowledge of all local labor laws.
- Must be able to travel (once per month).
- Naturally builds strong relationships across all levels of the organization, with key stakeholders, and external partnerships.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
- Proven problem-resolution and decision-making skills.
- Able to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills a must
- Proven discretion and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK’s retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK Custom Products