RN-Progressive Care Unit (PCU) (36 hrs/wk, Nights) Sign On Bonus
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced Progressive Care Unit RN to join a well-established dynamic team on the 31-bed Progressive Care Unit.
For Night Shift Only ***Sign-on bonus up to $ 15,000 for those new to EvergreenHealth with current Progressive Care Nursing experience*** Pro-rated by FTE.
Consideration for relocation assistance on an individual basis****
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Telemetry and intermediate step down, PCU nursing experience is required.
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
9. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification by date of hire
- Minimum of one-year progressive care nursing experience
DESIRED for the position:
- BSN or MSN
Additional Pay for BSN, MSN and PCCN
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position required a BSN or a commitment to begin in a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to current EvergreenHealth RNs hired prior to April 1, 2014.
** We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and relocation assistance
- Excellent Medical, Dental Vision benefits and Retirement Program
- Free Parking
- Professional development/ Continuing Education/ Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance program
For more information about EvergreenHealth, please visit the website