Senior HR Manager
At Milliken, our work begins behind the scenes often taking shape in a lab. The molecules and materials we create are transforming lives and experiences around the world. We’re a global leader with over 155 years of expertise in research, design and manufacturing specializing in the textile, chemical, healthcare, and flooring industries.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, our eight thousand associates across 46 locations are a diverse global team of scientists, engineers, manufacturers, designers, thinkers, and problem solvers. People who come to work every day with curious minds and an unwavering commitment to delivering sustainable solutions for our customers and communities. Named to the World’s Most Ethical Companies list by Ethisphere Institute for 15 consecutive years, we rally behind a common purpose: to positively impact the world for generations.
Job Title: Senior HR Manager
In partnership with the corporate functions, this position will support and implement strategic talent management and HR service delivery projects and processes, including all stages of the associate life cycle, including, but not limited to, talent acquisition and development, succession planning, organizational design, associate engagement and total rewards/incentive program management. This role requires a passion for developing people and processes that fuel the organization’s growth.
- Collaborate with Corporate VP of HR to develop and implement talent management and HR service delivery projects and processes to enable growth.
- Point of contact for corporate office related issues, including, but not limited to, lead the audit, emergency and crisis management processes for the Corporate office/campus.
- Utilize available systems to analyze critical HR-related data and make thoughtful suggestions based on results.
- Administer and support the talent acquisition process to attract the right quality of candidates that align with functional area needs.
- Administer and support the performance management process across designated corporate functions and lead the merit process for designated functional areas.
- Work hand in hand with functional leadership team to create a work environment that promotes growth, diversity, and associate satisfaction as part of the company’s culture.
- Partner with Corp VP of HR and finance associates to create and/or administer total rewards/incentive programs that drive growth behaviors (i.e. sales incentive compensation)
- Provide sound and pragmatic advice to managers on associate relations matters.
- Maintain a pulse on the corporate culture through frequent interaction with managers and associates.
- Develop and maintain work structure by updating organizational charts, job descriptions, development plans and metrics.
- Work with global HR network and external partners to manage and facilitate international employment arrangements, legal/work permits, etc. as appropriate.
- Work with corporate functions and divisional HR to support M&A integrations.
- Interpret company policies and practices as appropriate, ensuring adherence to Milliken codes of conduct and legal compliance (federal, state, local, international)
- Manage the company’s rewards and recognition program as primary contact for service provider.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Abilities and Skills):
- Strong communicator with ability to communicate confidential, complex and sensitive information with empathy and professionalism.
- Ability to lead through influence and shape decisions at all levels (associate to C-Suite level).
- Creative and innovative thinker that delivers practical solutions that meet business needs.
- Highly motivated with ability to work flexibly, independently, and effectively within a matrix organization.
- Detail-oriented, organized, a systematic-thinker.
- Evidence of general business and financial acumen.
- Proficient in computer systems and applications, including Excel/data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business-related field
- 10+ years related HR experience in fast-paced, growth-oriented business environment
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing and/or administering organizational development and/or talent management programs.
- Demonstrated experience with a broad range of associate relations matters and proven ability to deliver sound HR advice on sensitive matters.
- Familiarity with employment laws such as FMLA, ADA, etc.
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Milliken & Company